Please contact me if yo wish to host a course, note your interest in future courses and/or peer review sessions.
Example overview – Introduction to PNF Workshop for Physiotherapists
This one day workshop is aimed at those working in functional rehabilitation, e.g. Stroke, Neurology, Paediatrics, Amputees and complex orthopaedic patients. It is designed to introduce participants to the approach of Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF). This technique has been around and used worldwide for 60 + years and can play an effective role in rehabilitation.
The course will focus on skill development, clinical assessment and functional application utilising the PNF approach in management of patients. It has a large practical component and therapists will practice PNF skills together in small groups.
Through this workshop, participants will:
1. Gain an understanding of the philosophy and principles of PNF.
2. Be skilled in the performance of the basic patterns of PNF including:
- Scapular patterns
- Pelvic patterns
- Upper limb patterns
- Lower limb patterns
3. Acquire the ability to apply the techniques of PNF to individuals requiring movement re-education. Including
- Repeated stretches
- Slow reversals
- Rhythmical stabilisations
4. Develop an understanding of how to incorporate PNF with other treatment approaches.
5. Have an ability to utilise PNF techniques in functional activities such as bed mobility, gait, sporting actions…. by considering case study examples