Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) is an approach that facilitates patterns of movement using manual resistance techniques. This 1 day practical workshop is aimed at Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists across specialities including MSK, Neurology, Paediatrics, Rehabilitation. It is suitable for those new to PNF / have baseline knowledge / those wanting to develop skills.
The workshop will focus on skill development, clinical assessment and functional application. It has a large practical component and therapists will practice PNF skills in small groups.
Through this workshop, participants will:
1. Gain an understanding of the philosophy and principles of PNF.
2. Gain the foundations of skill acquisition in the performance of the basic patterns of PNF including:
3. Acquire the ability to apply the techniques of PNF to individuals requiring movement re-education. Including
- Repeated stretches
- Slow reversals
- Rhythmical stabilisations
4. Develop an understanding of how to incorporate PNF with other treatment approaches.
5. Have an ability to utilise PNF techniques in functional activities such as bed mobility, gait, sporting actions…. by considering case study examples