Headway are the UK brain injury association and have extensive information and resources for survivors, families and carers.
Recovery from Brain/Head Injuries can be rapid or extended over a long period. Damage caused to the brain is unique to each individual and demonstrate a wide range of issues. Recovery is most rapid in the early months, but can extend into years.
I provide a specialist physiotherapy assessment that addresses issues including:
- Alterations in function (sitting standing walking, dressing, home life, sports, work life)
- Weakness and / or tight (high tone) in muscles
- Spasms that interfere with movement and function
- Problems knowing where you are in space
- Sensory changes
- Dizziness on moving
- Gross and high level balance issues
- lack of awareness of one side of body
- reduced balance
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.