Cerebral Palsy is present from birth & present a wide range of problems. Changes in tightness (high tone) of muscles can lead to abnormal pulling on the skeleton & for growing children this can pull joints etc. out of alignment. Early management, intervention & minimising this imbalance aims to lessen the disruption to growth & promote function.
I provide a specialist physiotherapy assessment including:
- Alterations in function (sitting standing walking, dressing, home life, sports, work life)
- Stretches and recovery after surgery
- Weakness and / or tight (high tone) in muscles
- Problems knowing where you are in space and reduced balance
- Sensory & awareness changes
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.