Cerebral Palsy is present from birth and can present a wide range of problems. The change in the tightness (high tone ) of muscles can lead to them pulling abnormally on the skeleton and for growing children this can pull joints etc. out of alignment. Early management, intervention and minimising this imbalance aims to lessen the disruption to growth and promote function.
I provide a specialist physiotherapy assessment that addresses issues including:
- Alterations in function (sitting standing walking, dressing, home life, sports, work life)
- Stretches and recovery after surgery
- Weakness and / or tight (high tone) in muscles
- Problems knowing where you are in space
- Sensory and awareness changes
- Reduced balance
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.