The Multiple Sclerosis Society provides excellent clear, up-to-date information and resources for those with MS, their carers and families.
Multiple Sclerosis is complex and affects everyone differently. Mainly affecting adults, MS has 3 types of presentation i.e. Relapsing Remitting MS, Primary Progressive MS and Secondary Progressive MS. It can affect very small numbers of children.
When changes in an individual’s abilities occurs, it is advisable to seek physiotherapy support early on to address them, because before they become established. I provide holistic assessments of needs and working together plan a goal focused rehabilitation and management programme.
MS patients often find bursts of treatment are helpful to work on issues of:
- Ataxia (shaking/lack of co-ordination)
- Weakness (low tone) and tight (high tone) muscles
- Reduced balance
- Changes in walking pattern
- Difficulty sitting, moving from bed to chair
- Maintaining muscle length and preventing pain
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.