The Spinal Injuries Association provide excellent clear, up-to-date information and resources for survivors, carers and families.
Spinal Cord Injuries can be the result of an illness or accident. It mainly affects those between the ages of 15-40, but can affect older individuals. I provide specialist holistic assessments of needs and working together plan a goal focused rehabilitation and management programme.
Examples of what I may address are:
- Weakness (low tone) and tight (high tone) muscles
- Reduced balance
- Spasms that inhibit or drive abnormal movement patterns
- Changes in walking pattern
- Difficulty rolling, sitting, moving from bed to chair
- Maintaining muscle length and preventing pain
“Thanks to you (Pam) I am now capable of doing things that 2 years ago I never dreamed possible. I have something that I will be grateful to you forever; independence and it’s the best feeling ever!” Jenny Unwin (paraplegic)
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.