Hemiplegia and Stroke tends to affect adults, but can include children. The damage caused by the Stroke (bleed or clot in the brain) leads to various problems an individual may experience. Recovery is most rapid in the first 6 months, but can carry on for years.
HemiHelp provides useful information and resources for children / young people with hemiplegia and the cause may be unknown .
The Stroke Association also provides excellent information and resources for survivors, carers and families.
I provide a specialist physiotherapy assessment that addresses issues including examples below (click for testimonials)
- Alterations in function (sitting standing walking, dressing, home life, sports, work life)
- Weakness and / or tight (high tone) in muscles
- Problems knowing where you are in space
- Sensory changes
- Dizziness on moving
- Gross and high level balance issues
- Lack of awareness of one side of body
- Reduced balance
Please feel free to contact Pam for further information and advice.